GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
latjor ndow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 14:16:14 PST
Greetings Saul:
Your points are well noted although again I must point out that I was not
attacking the questions posed or the questioner, but merely using it as a
springboard to respond to a wider malaise in our community. I have no reason
to attack Mr. Farage and if my response was deemed as an attack on him, I
can only apologize. Moving on.

You rightly pointed out that intellectuals need to ask themselves the
question: "How can I help the Gambia, so that that help
>will impact the life of Pateh in Sara Soffeh, or Modou Kulay in Balangharr"

First this is not just a question that needs to be addressed by the
intellectuals, rather by all who have progressed and have the interest of
their fellow brethren at heart.

Secondly, how do you propose the intellectuals to go about addressing this
matter? I ask this question to get your viewpoint on it.

Thirdly, those who have become associated with the Gambia Leadership
Conference drafted a synthesis document to begin addressing this issue. You
can download the document located at the bottom of the following web page:
http://www.rootsfestival.com/glc.htm.
The issue of governance will soon be a part of this doc.

Best wishes,
Latjor`