GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:23:30 +0100
Hamjata,
              I must again thank you for your cooperation. I hope you understand that Sidia's position on the London Briefing was based on the letter received from a British MP. PDOIS' endorsement of the decision was also based on the nature of the invitation. As indicated before it did not appear dignified for a party leadership to go all the way to London just to brief a British MP. This has been made abundantly clear.
The issue we are pursuing now is the claim that we were invited by your movement to the London Meeting and that the agenda was not just about briefing a British MP and his colleagues.Such a  letter of invitation has not been received. We are now after facts. I am sure you know that all evidences are not necessarily facts. How we would have reacted if we had received the letter from your movement may or may not have been the same as we have reacted upon hearing Sidia's position. Opinions do not matter much at the moment. At least one thing is clear, the letter did not come through e-mail as the person behind the computer vehemently maintained when we made enquiries. Secondly, the mail was not addressed to P.O.Box 2306 which is our official postal address. Apparently, the claim is that the letter was addressed to Sambou street. We have contacted the Serekunda Post Office to see whether the letter is still there.
I hope that when a summation is given our opinions will be deemed to be mature, right and proper. We are pursuing the matter to show every right thinking Gambian that we respect your movement and have no malicious intention. At least readers can see that while you are making every attempt to be befog the issue so as to question our integrity, we are doing every thing to clarify the issue.

Greetings

Halifa Sallah