GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:49:53 EST
Boy Sidi, I don't remember some of these folks because i don't think i met
all of them over here.  We were sort of the group that came after all these
guys, although we did overlap  and  meet a lot of the names mentioned in New
York, including matarr Njie who was at Columbia at the time. He and i used to
go to Pap cheyassin Secka's house in the summers because we used to love  to
just hang around him and listen to him talk to us about various issues.
. I was in Atlanta with Baks Touray, Baboucarr Njie, Ousman Sabally, Modou
Jagne, Koto Bamba Njie, Sara Ceesay, Narr Jagne, Modou jagne,Modou Sosseh etc
before I left for the Univ. of Georgia. After that, i went home and worked
for Pest Control under Saul Mboob ( quite an experience) briefly before
packing it up and returning to the States. I left for Botswana a couple of
years later.
The doctor you refer to i believe is Pa Sulay Jallow who was a classmate of
mine at GHS, and a neighbour at Wellington street. He attended Clarke college
Atlanta, and then Albert Einstein in New York. I lost touch with him after
that although he was a good friend.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 2/18/00 11:03:51 AM Central Standard Time,