GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:02:37 EST
OB,
I equally share a lot of the things said already. I understand why Saul got
so mad and his choice of words just hit me off. I am happy he apologized to
the L.
I am one of the few who believe in almost everything "Ebou Colley" said on
the events the military and Jammeh used to eliminate most of the people
despite my ignorant of most of it, but the way he described Kaba Bajo does
not fit to a lot of us who knows him very well. I must confess that despite
my strong feelings against the Jammeh regime, there are some whom we all know
are unlike the system. Kaba is well aware of my disgust for the government
and yet does not take it to heart against me. He is a brother to a lot of us
and I don't think "Ebou" is helping us see his objectivity by calling him
names without substantiating them well.
He is everything but the words "Colley" called him. I think the words OB used
described him better. Just as "Ebou" himself put it in his posting, not
everyone under the regime reflects what it is. Not every soldier in the
Gambia is a killer like the ones he mentioned.
This brings me to address some on the L like Essa Sey, Tombong Saidy just to
mention a few. Not everyone see you as the system. There are some of you whom
we all know have very good intentions for the country. Of course some have to
be part of the system if we have to go forward. I only hope that some of
these criticisms are seen as one has to go through to become a leader. No
leader will succeed without criticisms. And not all of it is going to be
objective either.
One thing is certain, some objective people are not going to rush to
judgment. At the end of the day, we shall al be judged by our deeds,
including our words.

Ousman Bojang.