GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:29:34 EDT
Sidi,

We continue to pray for a peaceful solution ot this standoff. We also
continue to pray for you guys. I heard a piece on public radio yestrday and
some Burkinabe were saying that there is a very strong anti-foreigner
sentiment and that the yare being targeted. They mentioned that it has
already happened to the Senegalese in CI and now it is the turn of other West
Africans from neighbouring countries in CI.

I think of all those Senegalese shops in Trecheville and cannot help
wondering about their fate. I know there are also quite a lot of Burkinabe in
the street of Abidjan.

Jabou