GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
latjor ndow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 14:41:59 PDT
Greetings:
While I realize that many people have visited the new web site created
recently, www.gambian.com, before we had an opportunity to officially launch
it (4000 plus visits since April 8), I am nontheless compelled to do so now,
belated though it is.
The site is being designed to compliment the projects, programs, and events
related to the vision and goals of The Gambian Leadership Conference. If
features discourses in text, audio and video format related to gambia and
her rich heritage. These discourses are the direct outcome of conference
proceedings, interviews, radio and television broadcasts. More of these will
be featured shortly.
Pages for local gambian communities are provided as well as links to
community websites to allow for greater dialogue among gambians and others
locally and between communities. These pages also feature a forum for
intra-community dialogue.
An online Magazine will provide our readership with a more exhaustive
writings on a wide range of topics related to our 'gambianess'.
Please visit for regular updates.
At the moment, some of the pagesyou will find among:
1. A recent interview with Dr. Sulayman Nyang on 'Gambian Nationalism' (part
1 of 3) (in video);
2. Pa Dacosta's highly celebrated discussion on Radio 1 FM on the student
massacre (in audio).
3. Dr. Tijan Sallah's  paper, "The Old and New African Poetry &
   the Gambia's role in It." delivered at the annual GLC independence
conference.

I hope you will find it all useful and informative and we welcome all to
contribute in whatever way they deem they can.
Regards,
Latjor
www.gambian.com