GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousainou Ngum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:25:42 -0700
Joe:

   That episode was just another one that solidifies my case against this
Chongan cry-baby. You know, these people are trying to juxtapose the Chongan
who was under the command of someone and the unleashed AFPRC folks. I mean,
are these people serious when they try to put my credibility on trial for
exposing the devil within this Chongan guy? He had, in the past, repeatedly
arrested innocent people and physically assaulted them in broad daylight,
fire his hand gun in the air to end nightclub and bar sessions, go after his
supposed foes and etc, etc... Let Chongan speak for himself rather than have
a host of praise singers singing a contrived recod on his behalf.

   KB, are you distorting my words or is it that my language ain't straight
talk? You have gone up to the extent of trashing my rationale and labelling
me a liar just because you know the man personally.(if this persists, my
response will be quite harsh) I'll let it be known that I know the man, as
well, but when it comes to telling it as it is, there should be no room for
sentiments. I think you're being overly sentimental. This is where we
differ. You are one of the most out-spoken critics of the injustices being
perpetrated by the Jammeh establishment on the G-L, yet you seem to be
stifling the crimes that this dude perpetrated when he had limited power.
Let's call a spade a damn spade! Where is the double-standard coming from?

   Besides, I'm in no way "shifting my position". What I'm saying is that
from what we've seen in this guy when there was still something to fear, he
would have been worse than the AFPRC members had he acquired such powers.
And DO NOT DISTORT THIS ONE, ok? I mean, we have already seen enough of the
monster in this guy in order to figure out what kinda dictator he would have
been had he acquired absolute power as is the status quo with Jammeh. It
doesn't take a "fortune teller" to figure it out. If it's war that you want
as well, be my guest too. I'm still sticking by my position. Good night.

Ous Ngum.