GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pope Pope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 14:31:16 EDT
I have also heard the same news from very reliable sources from home. This
is indeed a very sad day in the history of the Gambia. I am utterly shocked
at the apparent lack of any respect for human life in the Gambia these days.
I am very close to tears trying to fathom the loss the families and friends
of these poor helpless students, who were so heartlessly butchered, are
going through. If this abhorrent act of inhumanity can be directed on
innocent defenseless students, then no one is/will ever be safe in the
Gambia until we cut out the cancer that is eating our country. All Gambians
should unite and make sure that those responsible pay for this act of
brutality. My heart goes to the families and friends of the deceased and may
their souls rest in peace.

YNjie