GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 12:51:06 -0400
Pa Modou, thanks for the forward. I knew we can rely on The 'INDEPENDENT'
MEDIA to report the truth to our people. I just hope Baabaa Jobe will not
unleash his thugs to start arresting and 'deporting' Gambian journalists and
burning down their properties. As expected, when one reads the Observer (the
APRC mouthpiece together with GRTS) all one see is 'defections' of shameless
characters like Saihou Sisay. That some vermin will reduce themselves to
such levels, is just mind-boggling. Jawara must be having a heartache seeing
his protégé Saihou Sisay shamelessly crawling in front of Yaya. If you ask
me, it serves Jawara right. But what should we expect from a semi-literate
parasite like Sisay? It is telling that AFPRC/APRC that came to eradicate
PPP corruption are now willingly embracing the most corrupt Gambian during
the PPP era. These people have no shame. Now Saihou Sisay is a good man
because he is 'defecting' from PPP to APRC. Do we have to remind these
morons that PPP does not exist anymore. Was there a ceremony when Buba
Baldeh 'defected' from PPP to APRC? Saihou Sisay is NOT defecting from
anywhere. What he is doing is shamelessly enslaving himself to morons that
rendered him destitute seven years ago. Should this man be taken seriously?
He shamelessly admits that he has always been a supporter of APRC. Saihou
Sisay is a joke. The media outlets that think that it is newsworthy to
report the joker's 'defection', are more of a joke. Who cares if this
low-life decides to mortgage his soul to the devil because he wants to live
a 'flamboyant' lifestyle again? May be during his few sober moments he will
be able to convince some of his drunkard friends to vote APRC.

This was a Gambian that was given over one hundred million dalasis on a
plate. Because of his slavish attitude, he kissed up to Jawara and the
former regime to have all kinds of loans from GCDB and all kinds of
contracts from the former government. The low-life used to shuttle Banjul
and London as if he was driving from Banjul to Brikama. Instead of putting
the loan into good use, he bought fancy cars, built a fancy house, bought
expensive gifts for the president's family, dish out cash to women, all
sorts of nonsense. It could be argued that this vermin single-handedly
crippled GCDB. Because Jawara 'protected' him, he was so arrogant that he
did not see the need to pay back money he OWED to the Bank. Donors had to
literally twist the arm of the government for GCDB/AMRC to take action
against this man. And even at that he was granted a lot of leeway by the
justice system.

If my memory serves me right, it was not until this illegal government took
over that Sisay's assets were seized pursuant to a judgment that was
obtained during the Jawara regime but never enforced. For the low-life to
now turn around and bad-mouth the Jawara regime and say that he is
'defecting' from PPP to APRC because he has always supported APRC, is just
beyond comprehension. What is wrong with these Gambians? Who would want to
enslave themselves willingly to morons like the ones we have at the helm of
our government? How does Sisay expect his children to face their peers
knowing that their father is a spineless parasite that will shamelessly
mortgage his soul to the devil? It's when these vermin crawl before Yaya
that the moron develops a fat head. I am almost certain that Sisay used
MusuKebba Drammeh in the same way to go and crawl before Jawara in order to
get a loan from the GCDB and be granted the Cleansing Services Contract.

Pa Modou, sorry I veered off to discuss this despicable man (Saihou Sisay).
His kind just make my blood boil. The main think I wanted to highlight from
your forward was the mention The Independent made about the banning of
certain ministers and heads of 'Para-statals' in Liberia. I hope some of our
'civil' servants that have decided to mortgage their souls to the Devil are
taking note of this. Whether it is Ports, Social Security, Gamtel, Central
Bank, let them know that they are on the firing line. When Yaya goes, some
of them that helped in this government's criminality will drown with Yaya.
As Ms. Joh has mentioned, even before Yaya goes, some of his collaborators
can suffer the same fate that befell Baabaa Jobe. If Ports gives Yaya money
to buy arms and slaughter innocent Gambian children, right there the
Managing Director is putting his head on the chopping block. These people
should be man enough to stand their ground. If Yaya wants to involve them in
a crime, they should resign for Heaven's sake. Does it make sense to these
people to partake in the massacre of defenseless children just because they
want to keep a job? Well, when it is all said and done, no one can claim
that the warning signs were not there. It is NOT an excuse to say that: 'am
merely following orders and doing my job'.
KB