GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Omar Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:07:29 +0100
Coach,

Welcome on board once again. What is your assessment of the Africa Cup of Nations in the light of improvement, quality, skills and performance? How about the penalty shoot-out in the finals? It seems that ball went beyond the line. I`m happy though Cameroon won. That was "Lady Luck" at work as Saul Njie used to say. Cameroon has now retained the trophy after winning for 3 times.

It was sad though to see Kanu and Ikpeba miss the way they did. Now they can join the club of penalty missers. Remember Zico and Platini back in 1986 in their World Cup encounter in Mexico, Kunde in the finals of African Cup of Nations against Egypt, Chris Waddle in Italia 90, Seedorf and Southgate in Euro 90? These must be very unpleasant moments for these players.

Hey, watch out for this wonder boy Aghahova!! And maybe Ajax might want to retain Babangida after all. Mboma was something, is`nt he ?

Happy  independence anniversary to all. If by chance any of you is in Oslo on Saturday the 19th, join us at "John Dee" in downtown Oslo. If  you get off at the central train station(Oslo s), or the bus terminal just ask where "Rockefeller" is. You can`t miss to see "John Dee" then. We will be there to "talk seriously" and to "Paaartey". Remember all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. So see you there!!!

Buharry are you coming?

Regards,
Omar.