GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Solomon Sylva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:33:17 -0500
http://www.qanet.gm/point/point.html

Family of Deceaced Patient Threatens To Sue RVH
According to our sources the family of a deceased patient, one Mr. Patrick who died while undergoing operation, have vowed
to sue the RVH. Sources say they were uncomfortable about the news of Patrick's death and have since made their threat to
sue known. According to our sources, the man identified as Patrick, was operated this past Friday by RVH surgeons but later
died. The cause of death is not yet known but our sources hinted that Patrick who was believed to be 42 was hospitalized at
the RVH Intensive Care Unit prior to his death. An insider at the RVH mortuary told this paper: "Patrick was brought here
yesterday. I don't know who operated him. He is 42 years old," said the insider.

The RVH's Public Relations officer, Mr. Ngum, was contacted to shed light on the veracity of the story but he retorted, "I cannot
throw light on the matter. I heard about the matter but cannot comment on the issue. If you want any information contact the
Chief Executive." The Chief Executive could not be reached for comments despite repeated attempts by this paper.
his reporter also went further to contact one Dr. Helen said to have written a statement, but she retorted: "I never wrote any
statement about that patient. If you want any information about that, please contact the Chief Executive." Meanwhile, the RVH PRO
was contacted for a second time to shed light on the story but furious Ngum banged the phone on this reporter's ear. At press time,
this paper again contacted the RVH Chief Executive Dr. Asebengdou to confirm our story. "I cannot give you such information. You
need to talk to Mr. Ngum. If he says he cannot comment then there is no comment. In this RVH, it is the PRO who gives information,"
said the RVH Chief Executive.