GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Modou Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 08:21:46 +0000
Thank you Mr Beran Jeng!

I have the same feeling that the only problem with Mr Earl as far as I can
tell from the comments made, seems to be his association with Mr Ghadaffi,
which the Jewish community did not like.

Mr Bambaley goes on to say " it is a lesson for him ( Mr Earl) that a battel
aginst anyone  supported by the jewish community is Suicidal".

Great! What does this tell us about politics and about the promotion of good
governance in The Gambia and elsewhere. If power and money is to dictate the
course of politics, than I do not know what we are trying to achieve here in
this forum.

In my opinion Ghadaffi, Bush, sharon and many other leaders in this world
today are all the same. They all have their good and bad sides, and in the
case of Africa they all are trying to influence decisions and situations,
which might not always be in the best interest of out people. Ghadaffi might
be "bad" news for Africa but he is no different from any other leader for
that matter.

Apart from Mr Earl F. Hilliardīs association with Ghadaffi, can anyone of
the commentators give me a concreate reason why he is bad for his people and
why Mr Davis is better? Don`t tell me about health care affordability in the
district, persistent poverty and unemploment in the black communities. Those
problems are something the black communities are encountering in all
American cities. And remember keep his assoication to others out of the
equation, if not proven to have effected his work. I just want to know what
he has done or left undone for his people.

About this Jewish influences, I can see why the US was one of the last
countries in the world to cut ties with the Apartheid government in South
Africa. Democracy seems to me to become something of a dictatorial
democracy: I tell you who to be friends with and who not. If I have more
power than you do, your interests comes secondary to mine even if it means
people dying. The saying that goes " tell me your friends and I will tell
you your habit" does not correspond to modern day politics and politicians.
Look around you and tell me if the leaders you see are problem free, when it
comes to their personal actions or the actions of their associates.

Thanks
Modou