GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 01:20:35 -0500
Hi folks,

I'm writing to touch on a few issues regarding subscriptions to Gambia-L.  I've
received messages from some subscribers saying that they have not been
receiving some Gambia-L postings.  The problem can probably be traced to two
issues.  First, Gambia-L is configured such that all accounts are probed once
every 30 days (from the date of subscription) and any problem accounts are
automatically deleted.  If for any reason you have an account that fails to
respond to a probe from the server, you will probably be unsubscribed
automatically.  I noticed that our subscriber base is now down to less than
600, and this might be because the server has been purging our list of bogus or
non-responding addresses.

Second, there might be problems because of on-going system fine-tuning at the
St John's server.  I am on a mailing list for owners of St John's-based mailing
lists, and have noticed postings of questions about delivery of mail to Europe.
 I'm keeping an eye on that traffic, and will let you know if anything adverse
that you need to know comes up.

For now, I'd like to suggest that anyone who does not receive mail from
Gambia-L for a long time contact either of the list managers directly or via
the Gambia-L Web interface at the bottom of this posting.  Speaking of which, I
would like to encourage us all to make as much use of the Web interface as is
possible.  It is a fairly convenient way of getting information to Gambia-L
managers, and also a painless way to take matters into your own hands.  Please
let' refrain from cluttering the list, and our archives with all those "please
subscribe" messages.

Have a great week, and best wishes.

Katim