GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:56:27 -0500
Ebrima,
 Your information is accurate. I was in denial myself when I first heard
the news. Simon indeed is a great loss and he will be missed. We played
soccer several times here in Atlanta. He was quite a gentleman. The heinous
nature of the crime is really what devastates me but I can assure you the
devils that took these brothers lives away will NOT get away it. I thank
Latjorr for the correction earlier. I believe I just heard from the news
that ther is a fund set up to help the victims family and that Simon's
body will be leaving for The Gambia this coming Sunday. Since Fox5 is not
always 100 percent reliable, I would ask Latjorr to provide us with more
info on this so some of us can send in our contributions. Maybe he can set
up a link on his website and keep us posted. Here are some photos I
captured from the Fox5 news broadcast:

 http://www.gambiansonline.com/simon.jpg
 http://www.gambiansonline.com/Ethiopian.jpg
 http://www.gambiansonline.com/crimescene2.jpg
 http://www.gambiansonline.com/crimescene1.jpg
 http://www.gambiansonline.com/crimescene.jpg
 http://www.gambiansonline.com/flowers.jpg
 http://www.gambiansonline.com/simonSM.jpg

May his soul rest in perfect peace. The same goes for the brother from
Ethiopia.

                                         Regards,
                                         George.