GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Faburama Ansin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:47:06 GMT
Some one was saying that, those who were saying that Yaya's government
should overthrown were day dreaming.  They are not day dreaming, they are
express their fraustration with Yaya's government.  I myself do not think
that Gambia should see any kind of violence like the killing of students on
April 10 by security forces.  We have already seen enough violence.  But
those who were saying that Yaya should be overthrown, though that is the
only way out to save our belove country.  They have seen that politics is
not likely to work, because the first thing Yaya and his government would do
is to manuplate the whole election so that they would win no matter what.
In addition to that, members and supporters of the opposition parties are
subjected to harrasment and beatings.  For example, UDP members were taken
to NIA headquarters and beaten severly and nothing came out of it.  Mr Nyass
of UDP was adopted by the security forces and detained at NIA headquarters
for the simple reason that he is an opposition member.  Now they started
killing students, who are they going to spere.  You, who is well aware of
all this, telling us to go and participate in politics.  I don't think so.
Faburama

Tombong wrote:
These so called patriots or whatever they term themselves are day dreaming.
Why didn't they over throw the Government when they were hear? Let them come
and believe that we will just fold our hands and allow them to take over.
Keep dreaming brothers. If you want to remove Jammeh, come and participate
in the political process just like PDOIS and the others are doing otherwise
keep your peace.