GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
tony cisse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 23:26:01 GMT
Jaajef wa G-L,

It has been mentioned many times on this forum that postings from the L have
been photocopied and distributed for those not online to read. One good way
to do this is to subscribe to the digest which comes in a daily single
e-mail which can then be saved as a word document and edited, removing all
the "please subscribe me" type postings. the only problems with this are:

the massive length of some daily postings...sometimes 130 pages. The main
cause of this is people copying the posting they are responding to in full,
this continues and you even find previous postings on the same subject
copied, this can happen several times in a day generating pages and pages
which then have to be deleted to avoid repetition (a time consuming
process),normally I find that a single days worth of postings can be editied
down to between 12-20 pages. It would be helpful if prolific writers could
bear this in mind, as I'm sure that those in the Gambia, where paper and
online time is more expensive would benefit from stopping copying the

the second point (and maybe Momodou Camara can advise) is removal of codes
in the text, postings from some people, notably Amadou Kabir, but others
too, comes out with codes in the text...is there something that can be done
about this, as unless they are removed they make very difficult reading.

But despite these problems, for photocopying purposes, the digest form of
subscription remains one of the best ways of reproducing the range of debate
that exists.

Yeenduleen ak jaama

Tony