GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 12:04:11 EDT
In a message dated 7/29/00 11:28:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I can guarantee you that Jammeh will never never accept defeat in any
 elections.  You will be wasting your time and effort in believing in such a
 dream. I sincerely wish that the political leadership will accept this
 simple fact.  It is prime time for the Opposition UDP, PDOIS and NRP to step
 forward with a united agenda for change.  They should reach out to all civil
 societies and challenge the Dictatorship with one unequivocal platform to
 restore legitimacy in the Gambia. This is no time for politics as usual but
 revolution time.  The opposition should demonstrate to the whole world that
 they are against immorality and indecency not only in words but with
 political action.  >>
*******************************
This is absolutely right, and if anyone does not believe it, time will prove
it to be so.
I think the handwriting is on the wall, and if the opposition parties do not
form a united front to turn the tide, then their refusal to do so for
whatever reason, will leave no doubt in the minds of all Gambians that
perhaps their agenda is self serving afterall, and not for the common good of
the people as they expouse.

If  interest in peace, democracy and common prosperity for all is the
motivating factor for our aspiring politicians and political parties, then we
cannot help but ask them, when will you form a common platform to rescue our
nation from impending doom? It is time these political parties tell us
whether they stand for the welfare of our nation and our people, or whether
they are just interested in pursuing their own agenda for self preservation
and the pursuit of power.

Jabou Joh