GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 22:37:39 GMT
What an interesting exchange. I am excited though to learn that everyone
understood that Arab disdain and hatred for the black colored human being
exists and that it is embedded in their culture.

I agree with you Ousainou that nationalism exists everywhere as you cite the
Guinean example. However, the incidents in Libya were RACISM disguised in
Nationalism. Reading the anecdotes, I could not miss the fact that ordinary
Libyan citizens were roaming the streets (Maidan El Tahrir, Gourgi Toule,
Suk Turak) looking for blacks who were not Libyan. I, Like Kabir, had
occasion to visit Libya, along with Tunisia, Morocco, Malta, and Algeria.
There are other foreigners in Libya such as Hungarians, Yugoslavs, Italians,
Swedes, and Cubans. So unless I suffer from mental paralysis, or
pseudo-religious apathy, I know for a fact that Arab Racism is real and is
the root cause of the Negroid genocide that occured.

This, by-the-way has nothing to do with Islam or the lack thereof in the
Libyan Psychy. So with all due respect, let us concentrate on the matter at
hand.

I had occasion to speak to a BBC reporter for Network Africa while I was in
Canada. His question related to the call for African Unity under Gaddafi's
leadership and whether it was sincere. I know that with all his outward
expressions of comradery and anti-American gesticulations, he was and is NOT
sincere or honest. Since his alienation, Gaddafi has viewed Africa as
transit points for "JIHADISTS" and "INTIFADITES". Many a Libyan has obtained
Gambian, Guinean, Liberian, Sierra Leonean, Lebanese, and Egyptian passports
for insulation from detection through airports in America and Europe. We are
not going to go into the purpose of such pursuits but I think anyone with
any mental acumen could understand why. Further, I encourage you and others
to learn about Gaddaffi and his views pre-dating the Embargoes and
Sanctions. Then compare those to his post-restrictive view. If you don't see
a chameleonic metamorphosis, then, someone's shiiting in their pants.
Besides, Gaddafi is Arab.

This brings us to this point. Kabir is right about Arab racism and he is
looking at the bigger picture. He also has a sincere disdain for the
capacity for religious fanaticism to cloud judgement. From his writings, I
understand that he is well read, well travelled, intelligent, and has the
ability to process the information he is fed. Jabou acknowledges that Arab
racism exists, and could not agree with Kabir's vindication of Gaddafi as
part of the responsible parties to this Negroid Genocide. I think if Kabir
believes that Arab recism toward Negroes is exists, he has to agree that the
events that prompted this discussion are the cyclical climax of the
smoldering cinder known as Arab racism. So, in effect, Jabou and Kabir both
recognize the problem. I am dissapointed in Jabou's attempt to share the
contents of private communication between Kabir and herself. We are not
interested in private communication between participants to this forum and
revelations of such is a breach of implicit contract. I advise all of us to
refrain from such. I suggest that Jabou and Kabir apologise to each other
and understand that their shared views far out-value their differences.
Anything proffered here on the G-L is fodder for challenge and vetting and
that is healthy. Private communication must remain private. Tempers will
flare understandably, but when you realize an escalation in an exchange,
take it private and deal. And then come back to the forum having made up. We
can't afford derision and enmity between two intelligent and valuable
members of this community.

What then should we do about Arab racism? I suggest all concerned victims of
the Libyan matter evacuate their citizens from Libya and close their
respective embassies. They must expel Libyan Embassy personnel and Libyan
citizens from their respective countries to prevent retaliation. If Gaddafi
still believes in African unity, he will explain how that notion can be
furthered with no interstate travel,commerce, and employment.

We have only enough focus and energy to deal with European racism. We don't
need a mental midget like Gaddafi and Libyans to distract us.

Cheers!!