GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:27:18 -0800
Mr. Drammeh,
That was a very good piece. It certainly said a lot
about Paps Touray, the Ifangbondi band and the society
in which we all belong.
Some of us will always believe that The Gambia as a
nation did not do anything to protect and promote our
artists, and especially the founding fathers of that
root, the Ifangbondi. All said and done, reading your
story gives one another insiight of the whole story or
saga if I may call it.
It seems that the band had members who were also busy
pulling the cart at a different direction. I have no
doubt that now that Paps Touray is gone, all those who
were involved might have different coins of the story,
but what that tells an ordinary person like me who
knows nothing about music and a a little about the
band, is that the members have a lot to do with its
downfall more thn the Gambian society.
I must admit that I am really stunned with all these
underground self damaging issues that were going on
with the band, whiles only a few people knew about it.
I hope this becomes a very good learning experince for
all those getting into promotions and music. Even in
Hollywood, it is not as it all appears. A lot of
musicians have told their stories how they were
robbed. It sure shows that "not all that glitters is
gold."

Ousman Jallow Bojang.

http://platinum.yahoo.com