GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:31:41 EDT
Pa Modou,

The essence of my intervention in this thread is to point out the dishonest
manner in which you cherry-picked the UN Report to insinuate a rosy picture
of the APRC gov't's record in office. There was no mentioning in your
correspondence the drastic shrivelling of the Consumer Price Index; the
spiralling inflationary trend of the country; the general sense of economic
malaise and despondency amongst the masses. In short, there was no mentioning
of the fact that despite all these idiotic and fraudulent "projects"
sprouting all over the place, Gambians are getting poorer and poorer under
this APRC regime.

Be that as it may, i intervened cautiously as someone who, as of yet, has not
read the UN Report but has seen snippets of it in the media; and as such
cannot make a wholesale comment on the said Report. I do not, as a matter of
principle, make wholesale comments on things i'm on the whole ignorant about.
I will reserve my comments until such a time when i have read the UN Report
in it's entirety. I hope you my drift.

Pa Modou, nothing you do or say will change my mind about the fact that you
are a very dishonest, hypocritical and cowardly individual only concerned
about your welfare and that of your immediate family. It is your type that is
helping to strengthen the hands of the devil in the Gambia and elsewhere on
the African continent. May you get from fate what is your due in abetting
with this prehistoric gov't's wanton robbery, maiming and destruction of
Gambian lives and resources.

Hamjatta Kanteh