GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Oko Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:13:54 +0100
Soldier town friend,

I thank you very much for your wonderful piece and I hope that you
remember I lived in lancaster street at number 38a next to the house of
the Imam of Banjul.

All the people you mentioned in your article were very close, school
mates, football mates, gang rivals. I am thrilled by your story, I know
all the names, some of whom I lost even though you did not mention Gadi
and a few other names, but I want us to leave that to our dear brother
and the keeper of the golden torch of soldier town, Mr. Prince Coker,
who is my elder brother and a day to day partner of my deceased brother
Pindo Drammeeh. Prince can go deeper and further, beyond my age and
range in Soldier town.

He can teach us more and I look forward very much that he will have the
time in this short period to elaborate more detailed on this story of
social life in soldier town. Although you cannot mention all the names
in one article, and therefore not mentioning doesn't mean not remembering.

I look forward to the article of Prince, otherwise I'll call him and
take over if he's too busy, and I'll forward you a complementary
addition to your wonderful piece.

God bless you, and please remember Belaye Chorr of #4 Peel street in
Banjul. may his soul rest in peace.

Oko Drammeh
Soldier town migrant