GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:22:33 EST
Mo,

How are you again? Good to see you.

I understand how you or another can read greed into it. Trust me when I
first heard Hillary wishes to have Florida and Michigan delegates be seated and
counted, I looked at the rationale behind it. I came to find out the
Obama-heads  wished to disenfranchise her delegates from those states and whip up a
groundswell of chatter about the undemocratic nature of superdelegates. The two
are astute lawyers and they have lawyers managing their campaigns. There is a
subtle trick in lawyering and I will explain later.

Now the Obama-heads like Ousman had counted on momentum from Obama's series
of potomac wins and serial-endorsers to maintain a lead over Hillary and dam
pen  any hopes of Texas, Pennsylvania, Ohio, etc. yielding the comeback kid.
Like  Husband, like wife. And if that held true, then they wish to attack the
conscience of superdelegates. They are not really worried about the undemocratic
 nature of the superdelegates so much as affecting the latter's conscience in
 their favour. The superdelegate structure has been there for decades without
 challenge as my friend Erskine Bowles would testify. To hedge against this
bet,  Hillary argues that she wishes the Florida and Michigan delegates be
included.  Publicly, Hillary's camp had been silent on the superdelegates matter
but they  have been campaigning as if the structure is immune to revamp at this
late hour.  That is where I derived the implicit argument of Hillary that she
wishes the  superdelegate structure remain intact. I have sent my own
comments to the  DNC.

Now the two candidates are playing the trick of ask for a pound and should
you receive an ounce, you will remain victorious. Neither of the candidates are
 terribly interested in the fortunes of the Democratic party at large at this
 point. They are both understandably selfish for now. The matter will come to
 haunt them when either faces John McCain. All of a sudden, John McCain
appears  pleasing. Unless of course the matter of Clinton V Obama is settled prior
to the  convention which is what I think will happen so they can go into the
convention  unified and stronger against the Republicans.

Modou, I like you a lot that is why I shared some proprietary information
here au gratis.

Masoud. MQJGDT. Darbo. AL Mu'Umin.

In a message dated 2/15/2008 10:54:33 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,