GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:42:20 EST
Minteh,

My sentiments exactly regarding this so-called NIA declassified information.
I guess the NIA wants us to believe that they pre-occupy themselves doing
departmental assesments and audits, and presenting news items as classified
information which they are now de-classifying for us. How laughable to think that
people are so gullible, but simple minds do tend to believe that others share
their predicament.

On the other hand, since this is a dictatorship that runs the country as a
private enterprise, having taken over all purchasing in all government
departments so they can buy and resell everything to The Gambia for a profit,  in
addition to attempting to take over private commerce from private business to the
market vendor, it is not surprising that this is part of the activities of the
NIA.
However,  It will take a lot more than this childish pretense at supposed
transparency to clean up the image of this regime. Infact, this information
passing as classified information is more evidence that the APRC regime does indeed
run our country as a private enterprise of their own.
As for the attempt to pull the wool over our eyes with this cheap exercise,
there is not enough soap in all the World to clean up the image of this regime
no matter who they fire and hire at this point because the handwriting is
already on the wall and the real culprits are still the ones running the show, and
it is too late in this here game to even try that.

How about de-classifying the real dirty work we know that the NIA engages in
24/7 on behalf of their Boss, like the torture and illegal incarceration of
their fellow citizens and other dirty underhanded things they carry out on the
people daily? It is also already too late for the NIA themselves because they
know that sooner rather than later, they will have to face their fellow
citizens without the bully machinery of the APRC regime behind them. Some people have
no vison much to their own detriment. Gambians cannot forget that it is the
cooperation of some of their fellow citizens that has enabled and still enables
this brutal and illegal regime to ride on the backs of the people despite
their apparent incompetence and illegal dealings.

Jabou Joh