GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2006 14:51:37 +0200
  Ramadan Greetings to everyone.
  But I must confess to all that this particular Ramadan has not started
  well for many of us. Allah (s.w.t) knows that I am beginning this 30-day
  period of self-denial with a heavy heart. Naturally, one must wait for
  leaders on the ground to publicly declare their opinions on the outcome of
the elections. But it all preliminary reports seems to confirm our worst
  fear, that President Jammeh would be re-elected. That much seems to be
clear, not because it is much of a surprise, but because it actualises the
hopes of those whose continued rulership over the Gambian people would
result to more agonising hardship for us all.

          When all the analysis is done, I hope and pray that we all will
come
  to at least one common conclusion: we must devise new methods of mass
  mobilisation if we should succeed in wresting political power from the
  hands of the APRC.

      In the meantime I would be very much obliged if someone can tell me
what the arabic word "mubarak" means. I am looking for  fulani, wollof and
mandinka translations.

  Wasalaam,
  modou s. sidibeh

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい