GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
abdou sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 09:04:50 -0800
Haruna thanks for your comment.Freedom of movement is
a basic fundamental rights been stipulated in the
African Charter of Human and peoples rights.I hope if
there was African court of Human and peoples rights
what OJ would do was to take Gambia Government to such
body.I think what is the deficit of the African
charter is the lack of African court of Human
rights.On the issue of Gambian passport, Immigration
Department knows the number of non-gambian issued with
such documents.With corrupt people like Momodou Nai
Ceesay who used their position to issue National
identity cards and passports to such people.I think
those are the issues that Immigration should look into
than OJ's case.I feel OJ and Waa Juwara will be the
last person to run from the dictatorial rule regime of
Jammeh in that country.Since the judicial in that
country is not independent I will not surprise of any
decision if that matter is take to the supreme
court.Jammeh is know for hiring mercenary judges and
lawyers to enable him in his diary works.
--- Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<HR>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>As the name implies, a Pass-Port is a document
bearing vital information about an individual who
wishes to move from one nation to the other. Gone are
the days when affidavits were enough for such
movement. The document itself is the instrument borne
out of the Human right of free movement and
association. Implicit in that right is the good
conduct of the bearer and the validity of the
issuing&nbsp;nation.</P>
<P>If a government decides to infringe on&nbsp;your
right&nbsp;to free movement and association, You would
under normal circumstances, file suit in the courts of
that country&nbsp;and seek redress from an independent
judiciary. With the prevalence of dictatorships and
their surrogate courts, Where does a Gambian citizen
defend such rights. Well, the commonwealth of Nations
and the court of International Justice may be good
places to start. A Pass-Port&nbsp;is not of much use
to the issuing country. Despotic states however have
use for it in inter-national crime.Pass-Ports must
ultimately be recognized by other nations' ports of
entry.&nbsp;&nbsp;</P>
<P>The other alternative of course is to fight for an
independent judiciary and therefore your birthrights.
You may also destructively engage and witness the
permanent erosion of your rights. Don't tell me you
can't do anything so you have to go down on your knees
in front of your fellow citizen.<BR><BR>How many
citizens of other Nations have purchased Gambian
Pass-Ports???</P>
<P>Simon says raise your hands. Knock it off Abubakarr
Jalloud.</P>
<P><BR><STRONG>Les plus importants transformations
sont les modifications "accidentelles".</STRONG></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><EM>Amoebic movement is effectuated by
the sum-total of cellular
reconfigurations.</EM></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Lucida Handwriting, Cursive">Yours
truly - Haruna.</FONT></DIV>
download of MSN Explorer at <a

go to the Gambia-L Web interface
at:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html
To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail
to: