GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
malang darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 15:21:16 GMT
Mr Coker,

Just as you, every Gambian is yearning to know the truth surrounding the
death of Hon. Koro Ceesay.  Indeed the posting of Mori Kebba Jammeh, and a
lot others concerning this honourable man's death make an interesting
reading.  However, there is a misquotation from your article that I want to
put up for correction.

From my understanding, the last paragraph that you quoted from Mori's
posting was his (Mori's) opinion and not the admission of SOS for Youth and
Sport Yankuba Touray's that Koro was murdered.

About Ebou Jallow - he is a man difficult to trust.  He was part of the
system and had helped to build the confidence of the Junta.  When Yahya
Jammeh came to Gunjur Ebou Jallow was his praise singer and he sang this
song in wollof and I quote "NEI LERR..NEI...LERR.  YAHYA BUGUT LENDEM.....".
  My beloved wollof brothers/sisters on the net can translate this for us
and also how this helped to amass support for the president, especially at
the time when our faith was very, very weak in him.  Please mr Ebou Jallow
be quite just like the other hired-and-fireds who have admitted their guilt
in offering to serve the junta.

Thanks and regards

Malang Darbo