GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:47:02 +0100
Note: SPAM Problem.

No change in the volume or frequency of the SPAM attacks on ICH, what has changed is my attitude.

I am awakening from a dream that we live in a world where everyone values free speech. It is obvious that there are persons or groups who will go to almost any lengths to prevent the dissemination of information, which endangers their plans to keep America uniformed and ignorant of the reality and effects of Americas foreign policy.

These people who propagate lies and misinformation are dedicated and believe that people like me and you are their enemy. THEY ARE RIGHT!

So rather than complain about these attacks, I will acknowledge them as a compliment and ask readers to be as steadfast and committed to the circulating this newsletter as those who try to prevent it's publication.

There are over 13,000 people who receive this newsletter daily around the world. Lets try to double our readership over the next 30 days.

Thanks to those who have taken time to research and offer solutions to this problem. Your assistance has proved invaluable.

===

WEB SITE: http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/

MIRROR HERE: http://informationclearinghouse.literati.org/

ARCHIVE: http://www.ymlp.com/pubarchive.php?feminine

To Unsubscribe see information at the base of this newsletter

This is a free service and an unpaid volunteer effort to allow alternative viewpoints to reach the public.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/emaildigest.htm

===

Bomb at Italian Base in Iraq Kills 24:

A suicide bomber drove a tanker truck into the headquarters of Italy's paramilitary police, exploding the vehicle in a ball of flame and killing at least 24 people, most of them Italians.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-3378977,00.html

===

Iraqis: US troops open fire on truck, killing five Iraqis:
http://www.fox23news.com/news/world/story.aspx?content_id=8493E222-758E-4C3D-9C16-B68D69D54DE5

===

CIA warns of defeat:

A TOP-secret CIA report warns that growing numbers of Iraqis believe the US-led coalition can be defeated and are supporting the resistance.
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,7850898%255E663,00.html

===

In case you missed it:

Reasons Not to Invade Iraq, by George Bush Sr.: Excerpt from "Why We Didn't Remove Saddam" by George Bush [Sr.] and Brent Scowcroft, Time (2 March 1998):

===

GOP will trumpet preemption doctrine:

Republican Party officials intend to change the terms of the political debate heading into next year's election by focusing on the "doctrine of preemption," portraying President Bush as a visionary acting to prevent future terrorist attacks on US soil despite the costs and casualties involved overseas.
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2003/11/12/gop_will_trumpet_preemption_doctrine/

===

The Speech Bush Didn't Give:

My fellow Americans. I realize how lucky I am that so many Americans are like me and don't read newspapers. If Americans were more informed on how I've have been treating our troops, there's no way I could be elected dogcatcher, much less Commander in Chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.
http://www.intelligencesquad.com/

===

From Baghdad to Dover -- A Group Hug:

If we dwell on the bad news, they suggest it must be because we hate America. Harping about the dead means we are enemies of freedom -- no better than the terrorists.

===

Jimmy Breslin: The Names They Still Won't Mention :

Bush and his people sent them out to get killed and now you can't get one of them in Washington to mention these dead.

===

A Must Read

John Pilger: The Silence of the Writers :

"When truth is replaced by silence," the Soviet dissident Yevgeny Yevtushenko said, "the silence is a lie." A Downing Street document, circulated among "progressive" European governments, wants a world order in which western powers have the authority to attack any other sovereign country. A Must Read

===

Congress Is Nearing Approval of Record Pentagon Spending:

Congress is on the verge of passing a record authorization bill to let the Pentagon spend more than $400 billion for the next year.
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/12/politics/12DEFE.html

===

UK cuts rainforest funding to meet Iraq costs:

Britain is to slash its aid programme aimed at saving the Amazon rainforest and preserving the culture of its people to meet the soaring cost of rebuilding Iraq.
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/story.jsp?story=462904

===

F.B.I.'s Reach Into Records Is Set to Grow:

A little-noticed measure approved by both the House and Senate would significantly expand the F.B.I.'s power to demand financial records, without a judge's approval, from car dealers, travel agents, pawnbrokers and many other businesses, officials said on Tuesday.
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/12/politics/12RECO.html

===

Cheney's Long Path to War :

The Hard Sell: He sifted intel. He brooded about threats. And he wanted Saddam gone. The inside story of how Vice President Cheney bought into shady assumptions and helped persuade a nation to invade Iraq.
http://www.msnbc.com/news/991209.asp

===

Guerrillas attack Mossad office in Iraq:

A huge blast has caused extensive damage in a Mossad office building in Kirkouk in northern Iraq late on Monday killing and wounding an unspecified number of Mossad agents and civilian Kurds,
http://www.algomhuria.net.eg/gazette/1/2.asp

===

Bremer returns; Bush urges patience:

Administration officials expressed disappointment in the council's work but said Bush was not about to disband it.
http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/899/public/news504610.html

===

Governing Council:

Washington's political spin machine has begun to brief against the Iraqi Governing Council in what many observers suspect is the opening gambit in a move to scrap it.
http://www.arabnews.com/?page=7&section=0&article=34982&d=12&m=11&y=2003

===

U.S. Infighting Blamed For Iraq Failures:

Iraq's foreign minister on Tuesday blamed "geriatric ambassadors" from the West and "American infighting" for many of the problems and security failures bedevilling the US-led occupation.
http://news.ft.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=FT.com/StoryFT/FullStory&c=StoryFT&cid=1066565804004&p=1012571727085

===

US Syria bill could lead to invasion:

Senator Robert Byrd, an outspoken critic of US Middle East policy, said on Tuesday that he feared the Syria Accountability and Lebanese Sovereignty Act would be used to justify future military action against Damascus.
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/590C99F5-C951-401B-B372-A389AC5FA00C.htm

===

US-Brit war killed 55,000 Iraqi civilians:

The invasion, war and occupation of Iraq has cost up to 55,000 civilian lives, according to a shocking new report published by a UK-based charity.
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/3FF27CFC-764F-441B-A0D6-FB5B3BAF0704.htm

===

Report: Continuing Collateral Damage:

The war on Iraq and its aftermath exacted a heavy toll on combatants and civilians. Between 21,700 and 55,000 people died between March 20 and October 20, 2003, while the health and environmental consequences of the conflict will be felt for many years to come.
http://www.medact.org/tbx/pages/sub.cfm?id=775

===

What the Arabs watch vs. what Bush says :

American policymakers and U.S.-appointed Iraqi officials, jittery about television coverage of daily events in Iraq under occupation, are blaming Arab satellite channels for inciting people against them.

===

7,500 US Casualties Evacuated from Iraq War Zone to US:

We should all pause and reflect on the carnage wrought in the US - Iraq War. Nearly 400 US soldiers are dead, and more than 7,500 have been medically evacuated. This means the total number of US casualties is nearly 8,000 in less than eight months.
http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org/newsArticle.asp?id=1275

===

BBC Report: AIDS In China:

This is how China deals with AIDS. Having infected these people the government is leaving them to die. While the officials responsible, do everything they can to stop the outside world from finding out.

===

HELP:

This web site represents the effort of one person.

I need your help to offset the costs associated with site hosting and bandwidth usage. If you find this site informative please help by clicking here  Thanks!

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/support.htm

===

Israeli Minister Won't Destroy Outposts:

Israel's defense minister said Tuesday he has no immediate plans to dismantle Jewish settlement outposts and defended the proposed route of a massive security barrier that cuts deep into the West Bank.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2003-11-11-mideast_x.htm

===

American Workers can safely say, Bye, Bye to the Slice of the American Pie:

I'm just going to blurt it out; tell it like it is. In the words of the venerable, Walter Cronkite, "that's the way it is". Here it is folks; outsourcing is tantamount to legalized slave labor.

===

US defies WTO over tariffs ruling:

Trade war fears loom after US rejects final ruling from WTO that its protectionist tariffs are illegal.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/wto/article/0,2763,1082148,00.html

===

6 Afghans Die in U.S. Raid:

Some tribal leaders who support the government objected to the operation. One said an attack by American forces on Oct. 30 had killed several of his family members.
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/11/international/asia/11AFGH.html?ex=1069574603&ei=1&en=fe7b19e9fe2d7ad0

===

Taliban Capture Two Cities In Afghanistan:

The deputy Governor of Zabul province, Maulvi Muhammad Omar has said that former Taliban have captured two cities of his province.
http://www.paktribune.com/news/index.php?id=44584

===

Afghanistan: Romanian Soldier Killed, Another Wounded In Ambush
http://www.rferl.org/nca/features/2003/11/11112003182354.asp

===

Georgian Republic on the Brink of Armed Conflict:

The former Soviet republic of Georgia is sliding towards chaos. The embattled President Eduard Shevardnadze has fled the capital, and opposition activists have threatened to seize power.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/11/11/1068329563742.html

===

Spain Criticizes US Over Guantanamo:

In a rare admonishment of the United States, Spain's foreign minister said Tuesday the indefinite detention of terrorism suspects at the U.S. Navy base in Guantanamo Bay was a "major error."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2003-11-11-spain-gitmo_x.htm

===

US blocks payout to Gulf war veterans:

Bush administration blocks compensation for US soldiers captured and tortured during the first Gulf war, arguing that money is now needed for Iraq's reconstruction, say veterans' lawyers.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1082485,00.html

===

Rep. Ron Paul:

Mistreating Soldier And Vetrans: How sad that some disabled soldiers will die in the next decade without seeing a penny of their concurrent receipt benefits.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul142.html

===
Liberty can not be preserved without general knowledge among people." (August 1765) John Adams