GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:21:04 EDT
Thanks again Sanusi regarding  clarifications on the repeal of Decree 89.

 Given all the facts surrounding the repeal of this decree and the
circumstances of these former politicians, the announcement by Jammeh that
this decreee was repealed is clearly another propaganda tool, and one of it's
aims is to sow discord among the opposition parties. I appeal to the
opposition to keep their heads clear, and not get into squabbles over the
repeal of a decree that will take time to be implemented in the books, and
even if it is, the people it pertains to cannot possiby personally undertake
to run for office in these upcoming elections.

Therefore, Jammeh did this so that the squabbles over who some of these
people will allign behind and support will become such an issue as to cause
chaos while he concentrates on his plans to try to win this election by hook
and crook. He did it partly as a ploy to disrupt any progress made by the
opposition parties in their effort to form a United front against him in
these elections.

 Jammeh knows that if everyone were allowed to speak freely and lay their
cards on the table  and without any of his  sneaky attempts to gain an upper
hand at every turn, he will be sent packing by Gambians.

Jabou Joh