GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:51:10 EST
In a message dated 11/29/00 12:27:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> We shall indeed contact our lawyers in the USA for
> legal action. Perhaps the INS might also be interested in your paperwork? I
> do so hope you are legal aliens?

The statement above by the president of HILO is an intimidating tactic
that people like him will try to use as a weapon in trying to silence
a group of people interested in the welfare of their country. Who is this
guy trying to silence with that INS story? This goes to show that he
and people like him think that Gambians living in the states are a bunch
of illegal aliens who will run for cover as soon as he post this nonsense
that I
believe to be both insulting and derogatory to the many law abiding, tax
paying residents of the US, expressing their concerns about the course
of events in our motherland on this forum.

If the said company (HILO) is genuine as the president want us to believe,
why is he making a big fuss about a bunch of concerned Gambians expressing
reservation about the intent and viability of his operations in the Gambia.
Threatening us with bogus INS investigations will not help Mr. HILO!! Most
people
on this list like yourself are not even answerable to the INS. They are
American
citizens of Gambian decent, who are concerned about the treatment of poor
farmers at the hands of a deceitful and murderous regime back home.

Threats are the tools of the coward. The HILO guy's rambling and threats
are nothing but just that. Nobody on this list is hiding. Go ahead and do
your investigations, but don't threaten us ever.
Regards,
ousman.