GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Y. Bala-gaye" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 12:27:23 -0400
        Allah (SWT) said in the Qur'an, that 'Innallahu
'ala kulli shayin Qadeer = verily Allah has power over all things or that
His power encompasses all things'. Allah also said in reference to the
sayings of the unbelievers to the Prophet Muhammed (SAW) thus: "if a good
thing befell them, they say, "this is from Allah" and if a bad/an evil
thing befell them, they say, "this is of your doing (Oh Muhammad)". Say,
"ALL is from Allah", what is wrong with these people that they cannot
understand the happings?"    and this is precisely my answer to you.
        For your information, Muslims believe in Qadar
(pre-destination/predermination), and as such, it is impossible for
anything to happen in either the heavens or the earth without power and
permission from Allah. However, there is always wisdom in EVERYTHING that
Allah ALLOWS to happen. For example, the wisdom behind the massacre (as my
limited brain always me to deduce), was for Gambians to wake up and speak
up about this tyrannical rule of Jammeh's. Think about it, did anyone
speak up PUBLICLY about the autocratic rule we've been under all these
years? Until the massacre, there were no radio programs denouncing this
rule (as far as i know  ..... feel free to correct me if i'm wrong), no
emails or petition letters bombarding Jammeh or his embassies abroad,
nor any demonstrations for that matter. It took something like the April
10th and 11th massacres, to shake the entire nation awake, calling us to
unite our efforts, voices and resources to try and save our country from
the likes of Jammeh. THIS, i believe, was the wisdom behind the massacre.
There is no doubt that Jammeh will answer for his evil intention and the
part he played in the massacre, because Allah is "al khayrul haakimeen =
the best of judges". So if you want to use the name 'satan' in any part of
this, associate it with  Jammeh's sick mind, but there is no doubt that
"lahawla wala quwataa illah billah = there is no power or might greater
than the power of Allah", as such, He (Allah) HAS TO BE 'running things
back home (and all over the world for that matter)' as my islander friends
would say; otherwise, He (Allah) would not be as great as we all deem Him
to be.
        And in the words of our Prophet Mooses (AS), "Allah forbid that i
should be among the foolish"; i.e. in this case, 'foolish enough to use
His (SWT) name in vain'.

Yai-Fatou Gaye