GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ESSA BOKARR SEY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:45:10 -0800
ESSA BOKARR SEY <[log in to unmask]> wrote:The choir at the Anglican church in Banjul,sang sorrowful and 'faith-orirented' songs when I was a child.
The chorus was:"Yallah Sunu Borom Bih"
These songs were so powerful and I can still hear those voices.
At the 'Gammos' I stood by and heard the preachers at our mosque repeat the same 'Yallah'
He the 'Yallah',God ,omnipotent,most powerful,compassionate,able and unique!,is still here and there.
It is only men and women who change the abstract tape called time.
The sun,the moon,the stars,the clouds,the ozone layers...are still serving the lord without using hidden baits to crush one another.Clouds meet clouds and there is no noise.
Stars wave at stars and there is no noise,moons succeed moons and there is no noise.Suns succeed suns and there is no noise.Time stays and time is still waiting but there no noise.Citizens of the land! The noise is too much!

He or She who hides baits within faith betrays the lord.
Where mercy is absent Justice cannot be smiling.
Where justice is absent mercy cannot serve a purpose.
Those bells that I can hear on this cosy sofa are sending  fearful dark clouds.
Oh No! the spoons in that kitchen are bloody and the victimised lumps should not be grilled to safe the betraying soul.
Faith and passion are you interlinked?
Confess! Please  brother confess!
He who laughs last laughs best!
Confess...Confess...confess...confess..brother!
Your baits are slaying faith and that 'Yallah' is still watching.
Am gone and I will be back and when am back you will be gone.
'Yallah' Please see me through submission and humility, in that readiness.
See you!

Author:
Essa Bokarr Sey.