GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
kalilu camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 18:52:12 GMT
Gambians must realise one very important fact;that is law written on a piece
of paper is not a magic formula unless their is civil impetus to uprise
should in case that law is broken by the high authority figures.
For example if the law says everyone has the right to free speech,
and somebody speaks against President Clinton in the USA and he gets
arrested and word came out, the next day civil right leaders will gather
and publicly show their anger.In the gambia any such human advocate will be
teased 'our very own Mandela' and handed out to the authorities
that way all can enjoy his or her torture.The public is conditioned to be
more concerned about how you spell the word torture than how it must feel to
be the victim.We seem to secretely enjoy each others downfall.
Untill such real hidden attributes are eliminated and people stand willing
to die for each other you can count centuries more of mutilations be it
limbs or otherwise.We owe it to each other to feel eachothers pain; what
good is a life that only spend time praying for its own comfort and
pleasure? There is good natural reason that even a staffing lion go pass its
own speci. I have spent a life time looking for evidence of humanity and
some dear friends lie on me calling me the lunatic. My only true guilt in
life that i cannot understand myself is i cant seem to stop asking the
question why?