GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sidi Sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:02:43 -0500
Ebrima,
Thanks for reminding me, I should have really started with Sheikh Ahmad
Tejan Njie as one of my contemporaries and a close friend.He was the first
to leave for the states among our age group in 1964.He was the
"njateggie"of the gambians in New York.He has received many at JFK while at
Long Island Univ.Yes, A.K.was US-trained(Brandies),Koto B.E(Adelphie)via
Dakar.Omar Sey(Lincoln) Felix Downs-Thomas(Yale),Solomon Gomez(Harvard)
late"Jew" Jahna the first Gambian to attend Wisconsin-Madison.The Atlanta
group included the likes of Ousman Sabally(I beleive),Bax Touray, Pa Omar
Kah. Jabou, my apologies, you were our "jigainnie kompin" at Brooklyn
during the summer months,I could still remember those nice benachins
with
Badou Sallah and B.E. Dr. Kal Bayo (Northwestern),Olla Obrien-Coker
(Connecticut).Biola elected instead to go Dutch.Ansumana Mambury of Central
Bank(U of Maine& NYU),Minki Janneh(Boston);a brilliant medical doctor(could
some one help me with his name)who studied at Albert Einstein Medical and
housemanship at Mass.General Hospital last I heard he was somewhere in
Florida.Prof.Cham's wedding reception was held at my house in Madison(you
see,Ebrima,I had already settled). Mbye,Sulayman,Tejan Njie,late "E"(yes,
the same E.M.Mbenga)from the same "vous".Just remebered Dr.Halifax King
(Howard)&Raymond Sock(Penn.?) The list goes on. Sidi Sanneh