GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 02:56:25 -0000
Mr. Conteh thanks for your appeal.  However, I think the folks in Atlanta
should step-up to the plate and take charge on this one.  We have Gambian
Associations in Atlanta that could lay the foundation.  The same energies
that are expensed to organize the July 4th parties could produce a
successful conference for the business and interest of all Gambians.  I
therefore, join you in your appeal to our brothers and sisters in Atlanta to
rise up to the occasion and do this for their country.  We should not have
to ask for this.  It should be something one of the biggest Gambian
communities (if not the biggest) should shoulder and be proud of.  However,
we have to ask since they have not yet offered and the presidential
elections are fast approaching.  I said it before, and I am saying it again,
could the Gambian Associations in Atlanta please tell us their plans for the
July 4th weekend.  We heard from the folks in D.C. and they are working on
bringing reps. from the various political parties to attend their Labor Day
Conference.  Folks, let us not wait until the eleventh and a half hour and
start pointing fingers.  I rest my case and impatiently await your
response(s).

Chi Jaama

Joe sambou