GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 16:47:43 +0000
Let the truth stand on its feet.  Gambians can choose to not want to
acknowledge that Deyda was murdered by the state.  We can also delude
ourselves to wishing for "the authorities" to investigate all we want, but
the fact is Deyda was murdered by the state.  Look at all the murders
committed by the state, from Koro Ceesay, to the students, the many staged
coups, and now Deyda, the execution is the same.  If we say we are afraid to
say or do something about this latest murder, I can understand, for we have
been afraid of Yaya for ten years running.  This demand for an independent
inquiry would get more mileage if our citizens insist and demand it.  If we
do nothing, then we can bank on more murders to come.

Chi Jaama

Joe