GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Malamin Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 18:58:30 +0000
Some of us had doubts about Mr. Dibba. We know more about this man than you
think. He is shopping the NCP around at bargain price.In the last three
months, he has been involved in three coalition talks(NRP, UDP&co, now APRC)
He is the NCP forget all the party members and sympathisers. Allah forbids
if Mr Dibba were to die, the party will die along with him. In essence, the
party was founded only to help make him president. The reason(s) he gave for
his seven year silence is enough to make one avoid him for life. NCP needs
an exist strategy.

MJohnson

Mr. MLJ Conteh you wrote:

Mr. "Johnson:

Your characterization of SM is rather unfortunate. At this critical time
when we need compromise, you are making wounds that will will be detrimental
to our success. What happened to your petition drive?
I wish we have time to engage in meeting of the minds. As a Gambian, I am
really disturbed of this characterization. While you have a right to
disagree, I wish we had done our work well in forming a total unity.
In a more realistic tenure, the APRC government is dancing because it will
win in October. If there is a second round, I can virtually say that SM will
come second. The military government fully understands that the NCP is to be
trusted more than the old guards of the PPP. I regret saying this, but this
is the reality of the game.
Naphiyo,
Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh Greensboro, NC/Kombo East Constituency

I wrote:

I was under the impression that Jammeh APRC not Jawara PPP is the current
president. NCP need not tell us what happened in 1900. Their opponent in
this election is Jammeh not PPP. This is the same guy who was part of of
coalition discussions before decree 89 was uplifted. Now he is taking a pass
at PPP.Taking a swipe at PPP and in essence the coalition show Dibba's drive
to be president. I say very selfish, Gutless and cowardly of Sheriff
Mustapha Dibba. I pray this this guy(whose time has came and gone) lose
badly in his personal quest of being president.
MJohnson