GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salieu Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 17:28:21 -0400
Hi Yus !

Are you the same Yusupha Jow ( Pa Yusu ) from Fajara, Tapha Darboe's
neighbor? Do you have any idea of how much these players are paid per week
or season compared to those at the European Soccer Leaque ?

Have a nice evening
Sal

> From: Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: FOOTBALL (Attn Omar Drammeh)
> Date: April 15, 2000 10:17 PM
>
> I hope this posting is not insensitive in lieu of the recent spate of
events back home.

> TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Mamadou Diallo scored twice during a three-goal first
half as the Tampa Bay Mutiny snapped a 233-minute scoring drought and beat
the Colorado Rapids 4-2 Saturday night.

> Diallo's diving header in the 14th minute tied it at 1 and was the first
Tampa Bay goal since March 25. He added his second goal, making it 3-1, in
the 38th minute. Jorge Dely Valdes had two goals for Colorado.

> Kalin Bankov scored in the 21st minute and Manny Lagos, who missed two
games with an ankle injury, added a goal with just over a minute left for
Tampa Bay.

> Eric Quill, who entered with one career, had three Saturday night.
Colorado opened the scoring on Valdes' goal in the 13th minute.

> Valdes then got the Rapids within 3-2 in the 57th minute. The Mutiny are
3-0 at home, outscoring their opponents 10-3.

> Tampa Bay's Raul Diaz Arce -- who has three goals in three games -- did
not play because of an El Salvador National Team commitment.

> Colorado goalkeeper Adin Brown and midfielder Joey DiGamarino are
training with the U.S. Olympic Team.