GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
abdou toure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2001 15:06:56 -0000
Saul, thank for  this piece. Well here we go again; you remember the udp
leader gave a high grade (almost an A) to the iec for the conduct of the
by-electionss. Wa juwara's own compliments were more measured when he said
the elections were free but not fair  (maybe a C). I would say they were
neither free nor fair. Alas now the udp wants to go to court  to challenge
the results of the kiang by-election.This opposition should be more
alert,but am affraid they don't seem to get it sometimes which is very
troubling. To get it, one must first be convinced that we are NOT dealing
with normal beings here and they should not be treated as such, eg by
praising them at any semblance of good deeds.These people don't deserve even
an F.

Vigilance and steadfastness are crucial in this struggle against what
hamjatta calls pre-historic dictators.

Thanks again.

AT