GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 19:28:45 EDT
Mr Jatta's aaccusation is indeed a serious one, and if anyone is making such
an accusation, they definitely need to attach documented proof rather than
waiting to be asked for it. Mr Jatta, if you have documented proof, which is
what you would need to make such an accusation, please bring it forward.

One thing that is as old as the ages is that your enemy will study you well,
and then use what they know to be your weaknesses to attack you. I think that
all of us will agree that this forum is a thorn in the side of the APRC
government because this is the venue that serves as the voice of the Gambian
people, and it tells the World of the suffering and brutal subjugation of our
people by these ruthless oppressors.

This is a venue they cannot silence like they have silenced our people on the
ground. This forum is a nightmare for a brutal and oppressive regime that has
deported journalist, attempted to kill them in the middle of the night, and
harassed them for no other reason that that they tried to do what journalists
do, report the news as it happens in this nightmare of a regime.

Consequently, all of us have witnessed the parade of Jammeh Lackeys who have
come to this forum to disrupt  and derail it, using every tactic known to
their feeble brains. Likewise, all of us will agree that Yaya Jammeh and his
cronies have made an art of studying Gambians well, and then using our
weaknesses against us. Witness if you will, the kola nuts distributed to
elders, the plane tickets to the Hajj, and the list goes on. He knows that
these are things he can use to  manipulate some of the people like puppets.

 In the same manner, because the APRC regime would like to see this forum in
chaos and to eventually go away, they have been studying us. How many times
have people been accused of hypocrisy or collaborating with the regime,
without an iota of evidence? This regime knows that there have been
accusations to the effect that a list manager or two is a collaborator for
them, never mind the fact that in most of those cases, the accusers just
happen to have a differing opinion from that of a list manager or even
another list member on the topic at hand.

I am begining to feel like a broken record in my appeals to this forum that
this regime  is out to foster chaos amongst us. It is a war of wits and
psychology and if we as a people are so easily derailed, I shudder to think
of what the future holds for us and our country. Some of you guys are the
future leaders of our country. Please restore my hope that all of you are
endowed with enough foresight so as not to be so easily studied and
manipulated by your potential enemies, otherwise, we are in big trouble.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 5/23/2001 4:22:29 PM Central Daylight Time,