GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:12:42 -0700
Hi folks,

Sorry for the short notice, but I'll be a guest of Jean Feraca on Wisconsin
Public Radio (WPR) tomorrow, Tues. (Sept. 19) from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (Central
Time) or 3:00 PM (GMT).  We will be discussing American myths and perceptions
about Africa, and vice versa.  Examples of the issues we will discuss include
American perceptions about African politics, culture, and religion.

You can find out if you are within our listening area (on radio) in Wisconsin,
and surrounding States by visiting the WPR Ideas Network Web site at:

    http://www.wpr.org/ideas/schedule.htm

For those not in our listening area, the program will be streamed online and
available on the WPR Homepage:

    http://www.wpr.org

Please click on the "Ideas Network Live Webcast" button to listen in Real Audio
format.

I encourage anyone able to listen either on radio or online to contribute to the
dialog either by phone, or e-mail.  Those in the US can call toll-free at (800)
642-1234, or 263-1890 (if you're in the Madison area).  The e-mail address to
send your comments to is: [log in to unmask]  By the way, the area code for Madison is
608, if you're calling from outside the US.

I guess that's about it.  Have a great week, and best wishes, and I look forward
to hearing from you tomorrow!

Katim