GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 19:48:23 +0000
Buharry, thanks for your comments on the Ebou Jallow Saga.  This is not the
first and certainly not the last time that we are going this route with
Ebou.  We all agree that he is going to be tried in the court of law, one
day.  However, when it comes to a national criminal, they are first tried by
the court of public opinion, the people they wronged.  We do not have to
wait until he is in court to let him know how we feel about him as a
criminal, and I do not think that this is a futile exercise.  However, big a
criminal he is, he still has a conscience and that is what he is fighting
against.  He is used to misers around him sing his praises.  He could not
understand folks on the L calling him a criminal, and that bothers him.  You
see, Ebou now knows that he does not exist in a vacuum, and he is an
extension of the people he stole from.  He will disappear soon, only to
resurface again, because he could not stand being looked at as a criminal by
Gambians.  I may not get answers from him, but I will work his conscience to
death.

On a personal note, I understand that you relocated from Sweden.  I hope
all's well with the family and extend my regards to all.  Please provide me
your phone number in a private mail.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou