GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 00:24:00 -0500
Mr. Joof,

I think it shall be proper to infer that this new "manifesto" is an
official statement from NDAM and such I will direct my comments to  the
party otherwise its leader, Waa.
I can appreciate the need for a change in the political culture of the
Gambia, and in this respect I would agree with NDAM in principle.  I
also believe that the coalition effort is a very foolish adventure if
not an imprudent political disposition. Beyond these two general
observations the rest of this party 'manifesto" is  garbled up with a
hotch-potch of radical rhetoric, Stalinist cynicism and a rather
convoluted understanding of basic democracy....No in fact I doubt
whether Waa, who had been brain-washed in a backwater communist
university in Eastern Europe, has a refined understanding of the
intricacies of a republican democracy much more a very complex electoral
system as practiced in the US.  Tell me what is a "mentally developed
voter"?, and define for me the spatiality of that "critical juncture of
world politics", and the extension of your "libration struggle" to the
world at large etc etc.
On a cautionary note, it is not all together an over-stretch for one to
read an implicit suasion for an armed struggle in order to effect
political changes in the Gambia in your this "manifesto".  The writing
is all too obvious. The language is Marxist in tone and Leninist in
ambition.  The last thing your party should do is to wave the banner of
terrorism.

I would advice your party to play by the rules and engage the incumbency
through a democratic process....And you know exact