GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
panderry mbai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2006 23:01:48 +0100
                                  Jammeh the richest African President-He owns Africell, Gamworks,Observer, Kairaba Hotel and other businesses
  Jammeh the richest African President-He owns Africell, Gamworks,Observer, Kairaba Hotel and other businesses
  Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh is richer than the state. Jammeh owns most of the private institutions in that West African country. From GAMWORKS, Africell, the Daily Observer Newspaper, a local construction company named withheld for now, the Kairaba Beach Hotel, and other assets outside The Gambian frontiers. His Moroccan and Guinean assets are still fresh in our minds. Our investigations revealed that Jammeh is a shareholder to most of these companies mentioned. He uses people close to him as “ front” to act on his behalf.

  Pa Nderry M'Bai, the Freedom Newspaper,Managing Editor/Publisher-We shall not be intimidated!!!!
  Jailed MP and Majority leader Baba K Jobe, Lang Conteh and Amadou Samba at some point were entrusted with the responsibility of coordinating the activities of the Kairaba Beach Hotel. This reporter met the three at the Hotel, during a dispute between the hotel’s management and local staffers. The President’s name was repeatedly heard at that meeting sending signals that Jammeh owns the hotel. Baba Jobe was loud and clear when he told staffers that the President was going to help revamp their working conditions and thus appealed to the staff to make the hotel the best in the country.
  For Africell, our investigations reveal that Jammeh is one of the major shareholders. The sad thing is that Jammeh betrayed some of the very people who helped him to get shares in these entities. Lang Conteh was very instrumental in some of the Jammeh projects. Lang was virtually responsible for Jammeh’s local projects ranging from money transfers, foreign exchange budget for the First lady and Jammeh’s delegations. This led to the cash shortage at the Central Bank. Lang openly told the economic forum at the Kairaba Hotel that Central Bank borrowings crippled our economy. Lang was right, as most of the monies Jammeh asked him to take from state coffers were never returned.
  Lang was also charged with the responsibility of overseeing the Daily Observer. Lang is currently in Dakar with other former Jammeh supporters. The likes of Lang should join Jammeh workers exposing the dictator through this widely read medium. He will be more than welcome to tell us his side of the story on Jammeh’s dubious deals. Lang and other former government workers in Dakar should speak out. It is unfair to allow Jammeh to stain you when he is the biggest thief behind the whole problem.
  A board member of the Africell company promised to release Jammeh’s share in days to come. The source said Amadou Samba, and Muhammed Jah were among the shareholders of Africell. Jammeh according to the board member recruited one of his loved ones to act on his behalf. “He is a shareholder with this company. There was little disturbance in the country some time ago, he deployed soldiers and some NIAS to guard the Africell building. I will forward you some documents in days to come.” said our source.
  Jammeh favoured his errand busisness men friends by awarding them contracts that were not tendered. He is doing this with the sole aim of expecting kickbacks. There is no documentation to show that the Banjul International Airport was tendered. Jammeh we are told is hell bent on enriching himself to the detriment of the state. The said contract was awarded to businessman Amadou Samba. Unless he is out of the Presidency, people will not know his economic crimes. There are dozens of corruption scandals hanging on the head of this shameless dictator.
  A poor military second lieutenant Jammeh is today richer than The Gambia. Jammeh was not owning a bicycle prior to the July 1994 coup, but today he is Africa’s richest President. little did Jammeh knows that his endless corruption will tempt soldiers, civil servants, and other government workers to steal. As one state house source recently told us” corruption contributes to insecurity.”
  These faked coup stories, betrayal schemes, back stabbings are all part of insecurity. Jammeh is reversing our so called democratization hundred times backwards because of his own selfish interest. There is growing discontent in the country today. people hate every aspect of Jammeh and his government. They do not hate The Gambia as a nation, but those presiding the affairs of the state. What we have in today’s Gambia is a gang of thieves and robbers presiding over the country.
  The information we are reporting regarding Jammeh’s projects were forwarded by his own servants. These disgruntled Jammeh workers are pissed off with the system. They believed that The Gambian people need to know about Jammeh’s ill gotten wealth before his final fall. A day will come our same sources will testify against Yahya and his accomplices. These sources are very credible and we have no cause to doubt their reliability. They mean well for The Gambia and her people. The Freedom Newspaper will always open its doors to such Jammeh workers. Such sources should be encouraged to spill the beans. The good thing is that our stories are being archieved for posterity. Any new government can dig into our achieves to probe Jammeh.
  Many Jammeh supporters have come on line saying that Pa Nderry M’Bai, the publisher and managing Editor of this leading paper should be killed to save Jammeh from the ongoing revelations. They killed our mentor Deyda Hydara, now their next target is Pa Nderry. little did such online Jammeh terrorists knows that Pa Nderry is ready for the worse just to promote free press. We shall not be intimidated by such cowards who hide under the banner of pen names to issue threats online and on the phone. We are focused and will not be distracted by such cowards.
  We know that the type of stories we report will not be welcomed by Jammeh and his green boys. We do not care how they react to our stories. It is not a crime to expose criminals like Jammeh hell bent on milking our ailing economy. Threats of taking us to court, closing the Freedom Newspaper, killing us will not move us. At Freedom, we mean business. There will be no turning back in our quest to expose corruption, maladministration and other social vices that will hamper democracy in The Gambia and beyond. We rest our case.
  The Editor of this paper can be reached at this address:[log in to unmask] If you know that it is happening or is about to happen, please email us. The Freedom Newspaper is your most tusted source of news.

Posted on Monday, May 22, 2006 (Archive on Tuesday, May 30, 2006)
Posted by PANDERRYMBAI  Contributed by PANDERRYMBAI
    Return
        Rating:           [input] 1   [input] 2   [input] 3   [input] 4   [input] 5    Comments:      Save
          Current Rating:  3.36                        Rating:   5    You have all reasons to expose them. Keep it up.            Rating:   5    Well done pa, we are happy about your job.            Rating:   3    good job waye pa. dont listen 2 d motherfuckers insulting u. they r sons of bitches and sycophants. keep it up boy...            Rating:   3    great job            Rating:   3    pa is a homosexual            Rating:   3    Pa is far more patriotic than anyone of you bastards insultinn him.He is a great Gambian take it or leave it.            Rating:   1    PA HAS A NEW PICTURE IN THE FORUMS GO SEE IT THE UGLY HOMOSEXUAL            Rating:   3    Please note that God should be respected and never use a small "g". U idiot. U lack training no doubt            Rating:   5    A job well done Pa. Keep it up.            Rating:   3    Pa Nderry Always provide us with evidence to support your articles            Rating:   1    PA PLEASE CAN YOU CHANGE YOUR PICTURE. ITS
UGLY. WHY DO YOU HATE THE PRESIDENT.            Rating:   3    bewise pa, are u not a citizen of this nation, Kn that 1fine day u'll come to this country.. and when that happens only god knows what will happen to             Rating:   1    pa is writing most of the comments here and pretending they are other people folish goor jiggen            Rating:   3    PA dont mind those fools who want to intimidate you with murder threats, they shall perish            Rating:   3    You are all focus on Jammeh. You should be discussing who will be our next leader, after witnessing the selfishness manifested by the collusion. Halla             Rating:   3    Wll dne Pa,lets get the pressure on n smoke the rats out of their robbery holes, they coming out smky n aggressive running for cover.            Rating:   3    Pa plz jus be yrself, y ar u torturing yrself. U ar jus being complex abt ur own self. Por boy, too bad            Rating:   1    PA CAN ALSO BE CONTACTED ON 001
919-872-5028 IN RALEIGH NC,YOU ARE ALREADY INTIMIDATED FOOL            Rating:   5    this idiot has more than u think but what happened to mobutto and others?            Rating:   5    Well Done PA, don be intimidated by devil jammehs terrorist gangs, they should know that USA is looking for such terrorist            Rating:   3    Allah help us. Jammeh also instructs Gamtel, GPA, GIA etc to foot the bills of govt. including travels, pls investigate and tell us            Rating:   5    Waa Sambang Touba,can you please this scanty info ijust recieved that that,there happened to be some disturbances at base of the second infantry batta             Rating:   3    Jammeh and the humble greatful Gambians Shall be in peace & blessed as long as Allah is with them! May the ungreatful Gambians and evil perish            Rating:   4    well dont Pa, wat u are doing is right, keep it up, and be telling us more stories            Rating:   5    Don't be cowered Pa. The Dictator's
reactions show that you have touched a soft spot. Right on.            Rating:   3    u bastard, y d hell is it dat u dont talk about other issues but to keep on lying about d president...i can c dat u're interested in being one, cos u'            Rating:   4    Well done Pa you are spot on.            Rating:   5

      Copyright 2006 (c) Freedom Newspaper, LLC.   :  Powered By PointClick  :  Terms Of Use  :  Privacy Statement [input]   [input]   [input]