GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 14:05:53 -0400
Jobe, just out of curiosity, why do you avoid completing your sentences when
you say that you want to justify your support for Yaya? Is it true that what
you mean to say is that despite the atrocities (murder, kidnap, arson,
corruption to the core etc.) you still support Yaya because of the projects?
I was wondering whether you hold our people in so much contempt that you do
not even want to acknowledge their plight. The closest you have come to
acknowledging these atrocities is when you say that despite what people are
'talking' about, you still support Yaya.

You insinuate here that you do not 'know' about the atrocities. You only
heard allegations (shortcomings) from Yaya's enemies. Despite that you have
not challenged us on the lawlessness we report about The Gambia, you still
pretend that this lawlessness does not exist by using such vague terms as
'allegations' and 'what people are saying'.

Why don't you clear it for us once and for all what the continuation of your
titled sentence reads. While you are at it, why don't you explain why you
think for instance the arson attack at Radio was mere allegations and the
illegal incarceration of Dumo et al (incommunicado) did not take place? We
on G_L are just making these things up.

Finally, I will like to leave you with this quotation from you. Please
remember it and then revisit your claim that you are not trying to deny or
justify the wrong doings of the APRC/AFPRC regime:  Kebba Jobe 4/24/01:
"Even though, the government made several blunders along the way, these can
be EXCUSED as the leadership is very young and their military background
certainly has a tremendous effect on their lack of tolerance." Emphasis
mine.
KB