GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:49:33 -0800
Jabou I think you are right
And if I may dare say from what I heard and experienced
Tobacco road (which was a muddy area then -reclaimed latter) got it's name from
many of the young Ndongos who used to go there to smoke ,tobacco, cigarettes,
saba tabba or/ and "banti Yomba".Because it was a remote area then and had no
houses ,it was a perfect place to hide and smoke because many of the boys were
afraid to actually smoke in front of their family or parents friends except for
"Ebou Golloh" or "Essee" both of  our halfDie club.

Habib Diab Ghanim