GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 21:55:34 EDT
In a message dated 5/23/2001 8:42:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Perhaps Gambia-lers should be reminded once again that Gambia-l is not an
 anti-Jammeh forum as some people would want us to believe. >>

Malanding,

Every time i hear someone say that the L is not an anti Jammeh forum, I have
to stop and scratch my head. One thing is for sure, this is a forum for
Gambians to discuss all kinds of issues, and the one overiding issue that is
facing us as a people and a country today is the brutal regime of Yaya
Jammeh. Most of us are aware of this, andfor anyone who is not, I sya wake
up.

Therefore, I would say that this forum is filled with expressions of views
that are anti-Jammeh naturally, because we are Gambians, and because Jammeh
is engaged in activities that will eventually kill a great deal of Gambians
and destroy our country. So please pardon my outburst if I ask what is so
wrong about this forum being seen or even labelled as anti Jammeh? I think if
anyone wants to show propriety by making this bizarre statement every once in
a while, they need to ask themselves what the most pressing thing for us
Gambians is today if not Yaya Jammeh's regime, and also what the ythink this
statement will do for them or for anyone else for that matter. I don't think
we need to spend time trying to emphasize that this is not an anti Jammeh
forum. I for once wish that it was because then it would show that we realize
whare this mad man is headed with our country and loved ones, and that we are
all finally putting our mouths where it should be.

Jabou Joh