GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harona S Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 08:34:04 PDT
Mr Basiru,
You have touched on an important issue.
As you may have been aware i work for GRTS as a News Reporter and Presenter.
Basiru, i have personally tried a million times to cover the proceedings of
the assembly in vein. The Clerk nor the Speaker will allow any recording
device in the assembly.Perhaps,this rule should be properly looked into and
allow the electorate to get to know about proceedings of the assembly,
afterall it should be their right!
Let us pick it up from this point.
Thanks for your concern.
HARONA