GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 14:42:04 EST
Tombong,
Welcome back. I certainly agree that the L- is a good place for discussing
our nation's future. I only hope that we could all discuss fruitfully and
constructively without insults and calling of names. I know that I love the L
and some of the discussions that goes on here I am sure are to the best
interest of the country, but some I am sure none of us will allow to be
discussed in our houses. The words are just so unutterable.
However, to be able to discuss our national interest, we have to grow to
accept one another despite our differences in views. We all have to have
different views to be able to place our country where we want it to be. It is
so unfortunate that in every society, there are going to be some who will
obviously not be tolerant of other's views. This is a chat room and I do not
think we will achieve what we want just by calling one another names and
insults. We need all our people despite the differences.
I certainly would love to see this forum be used as a chat room and not any
groups publicity. If those on the government's side and those in opposition
could discuss without thinking that a government employee is like any civil
servant and what Jammeh might have done is not necessarily what they endorse.
I am quite sure there are some oppositions to the Jammeh regime who certainly
may not necessarily disagree with every thing he does too.
I would love to seize this opportunity to call for a better discussion geared
towards our national development and accept others views no matter how dumb
they may sound. The ethnocentrism have to stop if we are to have a
progressive debate.

Ousman Bojang.