GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:54:14 +0100
Greetings Gambia-l,
I have been checking Gambia domain names on the Internet
recently and to my surprise I found out that over 95% of them are
registered by outsiders. I was even surprised that
www.gambianbuisness.com is registered by someone in the U.K
and www.Gambian.net by a Norwegien, www.schoolsforgambia.org
by some one in UK:-)
Some of these people register the domain names and leave them
inactive in order to sell them one day at a higher price.

There is a neo-colonialism taking place out in Cyberspace and if
we don't hurry we are going to have to ask permission from
foreigners before we are able to use the name "Gambia" in feature.

Happy anniversary!

Alpha, we don't want to spoil the celebration for some people by
reminding them that the queen of England was still the head of
state after February 18th, 1965:-)

Momodou Camara