GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harona S Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 23:43:51 -0500
Hamza: You wrote;

"Friends of the struggle, all these developments did not come of the blues:
It
>is largely attributable to a long, concerted and sustained campaign to get
>attention on the rapid deterioration of the Gambian situation. Left to the
>indifference of what some espouse here about being apolitical and neither
>for
>nor against Jammeh, none of the things I take great joy in informing you of
>today will ever see the living daylights. The real enemies of Africa and
>the
>African peoples are those Africans who see evil and within their limited
>powers could have contributed but remained on the side-lines/fence claiming
>to be apolitical and neither for nor against evil. How can any
>conscientious
>human being proudly stand in the midst of evil and claim neither support
>nor
>umbrage against it. This is a very disingenuous stance and at best reeks of
>hypocrisy froth and nonsense. If anything, it is a very futile attempt to
>ride two horses at the same. It is this type of indifference that has
>helped
>sustain evil in our midst. Friends, when we hear people proclaim that they
>are neither for nor against Jammeh, we must effectively conclude that they
>are either closet or unwitting allies of Jammeh and in extension
>unwittingly
>or wittingly plotting the death of decency in the Gambia."

From 1989 since i came to know you, i've had much respect for your
personality and intellegence: your quite temper, well behaved attitude and
most commendably your studiousness.

Your above assertion, which i quoted, sounds so unlike you. So full of
anger, despair, alien minded and total disregard for all that you preach.
Much as you hate the APRC leadership it certainly should not cloud your
judgment of other people. Your acceptance of them for who they are and what
they believe-in. I would have respected you more, had you given me my due
respect.

You have learned in your O'levels government studies that, there is what
they call political neutrality, particularly in the civil service. If you
think that is sheer nonsense. That would be your business. I, unlike you,
accept others for who they are. As a great football (soccer)enthusiast (
maybe you still are), is the neutrality of the referee important? Or is that
hypocritical too?

I know without an iota of doubt on my mind, you have been patiently rolling
your shirt sleeves and waiting impatiently to bounce on me! That's why you
returned all my recent personal mails to me without comment. Unlike you, i
address people directly and speak my mind! I tell you, it's easy. Certainly
more honorable too. In the future address me directly and tell me what you
think about me and my postings, i could learn one or two things.

I am impatiently waiting your "trashing my posting in the bin, where it
rightly belong", as you would say.

Good night my friend.
Harona.